Pink Transparent Valentine Balloon Heart

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Teenage years in India -A boon or a bane For girls?

According to Wikipedia: India  officially the Republic of India , is a country in South Asia. It is the seventh-largest country by area, the second-most populous country with over 1.2 billion people, and the most populous democracy in the world. Bounded by the Indian Ocean on the south, the Arabian Sea on the south-west, and the Bay of Bengal on the south-east, it shares land borders with Pakistan to the west; ChinaNepal, and Bhutan to the north-east; and Burma and Bangladesh to the east. In the Indian Ocean, India is in the vicinity of Sri Lanka and the Maldives; in addition, India's Andaman and Nicobar Islands share a maritime border with Thailand and Indonesia.




It has a vast Diversity in terms of language culture and traditions but still has unity in it.
But there is this one thing that bugs me the MOST: "Child marriage and dowry "
Being such an awesome country It has such bad things in it.
Once girls reach the age of puberty , a "full stop" to her fun, her studies, her freedom and in short everything!
She is supposed to stay at home, and learn all the household jobs and do cooking cleaning the house looking after her younger bros and sis etc.
The maximum class she can study is 8th or By chance 10th.
not only household works she is supposed to stay in house. if she steps out of the house its called misfortune.
Her parents start thinking about her marriage....... ppl start to send proposals for her marriage. 
You know what ? the guys' family usually look for illiterate and young girls for marriage....
why ? just for the simple reasons that if we do something bad to her she wont be rebellious!
after marriage all the responsibilities of the house are landed on her. 
not only this, within a few months she is expected to have kids too! is she doesn't have children within the first year , now shes done for- the torcher starts - hitting, cursing and what not.
If the girl tells her parents she doesn't want to marry... they beat her up too and force her to say yes!
ANOTHER major problem : dowry
the more education a girl has the more dowry she has to pay! and that too the guys family decides what they want- the latest bike in the market, gold for the in laws , cars and what not.
when the girl's parents say that its illegal they say: arrey, you are giving all this to your daughter after all she is going to live with us wont she need some money or gold for herself?" ridiculous isn't it?
every girl's parents start collecting money for her dowry from the time they get to know they are going to have a girl child.!
with the fear of dowry itself ppl don't wanna have girl child! they kill her before her birth or throw her away in the dustbin when she is born!
how pathetic can parents be!
You will ask me how do I know all this? and why do I care?
 Well that's a good question I know all this cause i have witnessed it I care about it cause It has happened with my own relatives!
First of all my paternal grand mom is totally of this thinking: when you are getting good proposals why reject it? who has seen tomorrow? maybe you'll get better proposals or not!" 
I have two paternal aunts: 1 big and one small the big one has :3  girls and all of them got married at the age of 14 and 16!
By the time I became 8 I had nephews and nieces and guess what I have a nephew of my age!
Recently one of my cousins who was just 6 months elder to me (14) got married!
In front of my eyes!
Now one of my  family friend and close friend is getting married!
 this is so annoying!
Don't you think these girls have their own dreams, their own ambitions, they also want to be something in life...
why do these people just finish off their lives? they would be so depressed . how would you expect something good from the?
Thank God I am not in India , Or else who knows even I would be married by now! ;)
I just wish I could do something for theses ppl like anything!
not only because of this do I not like my country but there are many reasons more about which I will blog later. :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it helpful or not? Have got any suggestions or questions?
Well whatever it is, good or bad, just pen down your thoughts here
They makee me happpyyyyy♥♥♥